This is a full time position as a software engineer working at the Otherlab facility in San Francisco. You will work with our electronics and controls team to help develop our core software tools and systems for our research and product platforms. The work will have you working on various aspects of the project from building a first of its kind interface for learning intent recognition, to building software that enables our one-of-a-kind robots. The position is perfect for someone looking to have a strong voice into this emerging technology with an interest in being exposed to various facets of software including machine learning, mobile application development, and embedded software.
We are seeking highly motivated and adaptable individuals who will explore the peaks and valleys of all problems that may come up, while crafting professional and elegant code.
We’d love to hear from you, please apply to email@example.com
- At least 1 year experience or equivalent developing and deploying software
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Proficient in unix, command-line tools, and general system debugging
- Strong skills in C++
- Strong object-oriented design, design patterns and believer in software development best practice
- Able to deliver quality work in a fast-paced startup environment
- US Citizen or permanent resident and ability to relocate to work at the Otherlab San Francisco office (This is non-negotiable, please do not apply without clarifying this aspect)
- Academic background in computer science (BS or MS)
- Experience deploying code for use on embedded hardware
- Experience with Android application development
- Demonstrated experience with implementing complex algorithms with quality, reliable software
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.